THE VALLEY OF THE DORDOGNE
The amazing variety of landscapes must of been very appealing to early man who decided to settle in this fertile region of the Dordogne. It offers a wonderful mild climate, sprawling valleys, and secret shelters, countless streams, the beautiful Dordogne and Vezerre Rivers and interesting woods and forests. It is no wonder that this beautiful region has so much to offer. This region is definitely Frances best kept secret. It offers superb food, amazing wines, history you can experience and lovely fresh air and beauty by foot, bicycle, or on horse back.
WE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU SYMPHONY OF IDEAS TO GIVE YOU AN ALL ROUND EXPERIENCE OF OUR FABULOUS REGION.
January is Truffle Season (15 – 30 January 2018)
March is the Goose Fair – Period over the 5th and 6th March – A wonderful sight to enjoy seeing the geese go through Sarlat.
Fabulous ideas to chose from depending on your length of stay (we can give you a total of cost after you have chosen).
- A visit to the Truffle Markets (January only).
- A visit to the Ecomusee de la Truffe and cooking lessons on how to use Truffles and Foie Gras.
- A visit to La Maison du Foie Gras at Thriviers
- A visit to the wonderful gardens at Les Jardin de Marqueyssac
- A tour and talk on wine and food comparing
- A trip to the Chateau du Montbazillac – to experience the beautiful sauterne wine of the region
- A visit to Les Eyziers and experience how life would have been 20 0000 years ago
- A 3 course lesson on food preparation and then to enjoy your meal by a Michelin Star chef
- A meal at our local Auberge – A taste of all local delicacies
- Cycling and walking paths in the area
Tour bus and driver is available at a charge.
Any other ideas you may wish to experience we can certainly offer it and advise.
Quotations will be made on what you would like to see and do in the area.
Spending time at Les Chouettes, The French Country Cottage, is an absolute pleasure. We have made sure that we have provided you with everything you need to ensure your stay is enjoyable and memorable. Enquire today about our great offers we have on at the moment.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
The geese run through the village of Sarlat
Truffles the “gold” of the Dordogne Valley